I'm going to be testing out some new blocks in the next couple of weeks and months. A few days ago I decided to start with the sunburst block, a tutorial
for which can be found at Film in the Fridge
. Now, Ashley does start out by saying that it was quickly penned and describes her own process, not necessarily tried against other possible ways of doing a similar block.
And I did have some trouble with it. But here's what I have so far:
Started gathering strips and scraps of printed and solid fabrics.
Had my computer open to Ashley's tutorial as I began piecing bits together.
Continued working across, trying to measure as I went, but that was not always as successful as it would seem.
(as the last green prints shows... because of the angle of the seam, I lost the necessary length at the top).
And I apparently can't get my points matched up properly, either.
I was working on 4 different halves, but by the time I got them "finished" I only had 2 viable halves, neither one of which is quite right, but it's a start!
Next week I'll play around a little bit with the process and report back. But I was very happy to have somewhere to start, so thank you, Ashley!