This is an uncommon Wednesday for me. Not just because I've been lax about keeping up with these posts, but instead of sitting at the quilt shop I am sitting in a Jury Assembly room waiting to see if my name gets called. Gives me plenty of time to play around with combining mobile apps and my computer to hopefully post some photos of recent projects underway.
Right now I am working on two big projects: still making samples for The Creative Bungalow, trying to populate our Etsy shop with some great kits for you quilters! My most recent finish (or finished top, at least) is from the Modern Quilt Relish pattern Taffy Twists. LOVE how this one turned out and I'm even eager to quilt it up!!
I feel like there is another sample top that I've finished lately, but the last few weeks have been such a whirlwind that something is escaping me. Plus Cherie has also been busy at work and has busted out some gorgeous quilt tops which I cannot claim for my own WIP (though she did make up a sample using my new-ish pattern Dorm Room Cots!).
My other big project is busting out more of those paper-piecing blocks for the wedding chuppah my mom and I are making for my brother and his fiancé. We met up at her home in Scottsdale the last weekend in May and were able to get just a few blocks together on the design wall to give us an idea of how absolutely gorgeous it will be when it's all together!
I had been somewhat vague about these before, not wanting to give away any surprises. Even though Lee and Glenn helped choose the general design (which my mom drafted in EQ7 for the paper-piecing) they hadn't seen the fabrics we chose to work with. And those fabrics are these luscious hand-dyed ombré jelly rolls (I want to say from Northcott, but that's probably the other ombré she picked up) with Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen in Snow as the background. However, I can reveal now that Lee face-timed with Glenn who was still in NYC at the time and they got to see this preview "together". It was super-cute! And my first experience with Face-time!
Sadly, that about covers it. I did make a muslin of the bodice for one of the dresses I'm hoping to make for the wedding trip next month. It's too short-waisted, which is exactly what I had feared. Next step is to see if I can recall my costume shop education from college almost 20 years ago in order to make the necessary alterations to the pattern. Yikes.
Sorry there aren't more photos to share. Thanks for keeping up with me on this journey!